The Witch's Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!
★We wish you all the best in upcoming year.

Stand Tall Even If It Means Standing Alone

2 posters

descriptionStand Tall Even If It Means Standing Alone EmptyStand Tall Even If It Means Standing Alone by StarDragon

What I finally realized about English ii honors in sophomore year and it sparked a quote. I also read Fahrenheit 451 and Dover beach in conjunction/correlation with this.:

Sometimes you don't know how strong you are until you're forced to stand alone, that's when you realize you have a light in you. when you stand alone for what you believe in and hold your head high and don't hide, you step out of the cave that you are in, the shelter of everyone else and can reach the light. what I just said reminds me of Plato's story about shadows and how there were three men in a cave. they were tied with their backs to the wall and there was a torch behind them on the wall and it cast shadows. the three men had never seen light, they only saw shadows and that was the only form they knew. a man was untied and ventured out into the sun where he was dazzled by the sights he saw, when he went back he tried to describe what he saw to the other two, but they laughed at him and he was ostracized.

Sometimes you have to step out of the shade and not see the shadows and illusions of others but to stand tall and find your light. finding yourself is the most important and looking within rather than seeking worldly approval. by changing yourself, you at least guarantee there is a good force in the world. by choosing to see the light and try to bring it to others even if it means standing alone is better than living a life of shadows, wandering aimlessly.
StarDragon

StarDragon
Administrator

Male

descriptionStand Tall Even If It Means Standing Alone EmptyRe: Stand Tall Even If It Means Standing Alone by SeaBreeze

EXcellent quote - don't hide your light because of others, too, stands out to me. Shine bright.
SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze

Female

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum