The Witch's Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!
★We wish you all the best in upcoming year.

Beauty Hacks

2 posters

descriptionBeauty Hacks EmptyBeauty Hacks by Astral

I would like to share a few hacks that can be used for your hair, face, skin, and more.

Skin hacks
First, I would like to share a couple uses for toothpaste that has worked for most people, including me.

One use is scrubbing it on your fingernails. Doing this will get rid of all the dirt on top and underneath your nail. It is also supposed to make it stronger and healthier as well.

Another use is putting on your lips for a few minutes. Doing this will help make your lips cleaner and softer. 

Another use would be to use it as an acne treatment. You can put a dab on one or all of your pimples for just a few minutes and then wipe it off and it is supposed to help get rid of the redness and help clear it up. I would probably recommend wiping it away with cold or warm water because if you use a dry towel or washcloth, it can make your skin have a sticky or stiff feeling to it. I would also recommend not using gel toothpaste. I have heard several people tell others to stay away from the gel. I may recommend baking soda toothpaste as one thing to try. Other good uses for acne treatments may include apple cider vinegar (dilute with water), witch hazel, and baking soda.

On another unrelated note, toothpaste is also great for getting marker or pen markings off the wall in case your or your child decides to use the wall as a canvas. Wink

Hair
A few good ingredients for hacking the way your hair looks and feels may include lemon juice and vinegar. You can use lemon juice to help bring out your natural highlights and to bring down your hair color a little bit. Vinegar can help make your hair softer and get rid of the build up in your hair from using your shampoo and conditioner.

Another hack for your hack would include one of your shirts. After you get out of the shower and you are going to dry your hair, use one of your shirts to dry your hair instead of your towel because your shirt is much softer than a regular towel thus allowing your hair to become less frizzy.

Removing Splinters Painlessly
For these hacks, there are several ways to get rid of a splinter without using those hurtful tweezers.
White vinegar is one way. All you need to do is pour some in a small bowl and stick your finger, toe, foot, or splinter infected area, into the bowl for a few minutes and then it should scratch right off. If you cannot stick the splinter infected area into a bowl, just soak a washcloth or paper towel with the vinegar and hold it on the area for a little bit.

Other home remedies that have been known to work are:
Honey, glue, duct tape, baking soda, Hydrogen Peroxide, and bread & milk. Even though some may seem really silly, many people have claimed that most of these substances worked for them or it has been experimentally proven by others. 

Those are all the beauty hacks that I have right now. I hope you find some of them useful as I have in the past. Smile 
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

descriptionBeauty Hacks EmptyRe: Beauty Hacks by Zotron

Those are a lot of great ideas. I discovered an overnight acne treatment. Make a wet paste of water and Comet and dab it on any pimples. It disinfects as it soaks in, and it draws out impurities (like a mud mask) as it dries.
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

descriptionBeauty Hacks EmptyRe: Beauty Hacks by Astral

Zotron wrote:Those are a lot of great ideas. I discovered an overnight acne treatment. Make a wet paste of water and Comet and dab it on any pimples.  It disinfects as it soaks in, and it draws out impurities (like a mud mask) as it dries.
I wonder if that actually works. I have tried a lot of acne treatments but sadly, they only work for a short amount of time or not at all. Mainly because I may not have bacterial but perhaps hormonal which has almost no cure for at all.
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

Sure it works. Smile Well, it has worked for me. Maybe the hormonal thing just means a lowered resistance to infection. Acne is just bacteria that has gotten into a pore in the skin and has begun to multiply. I saw "disinfectant" on the Comet can and thought "Hm. What the heck? Worth a try."
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

Alright, I will keep that in mind. The most famous ingredient is baking soda but I don't know if it did anything for me. I have tried a lot of things but I did the math in my head. If it is hormonal, then the anti-bacterial ingredients won't work. So, I just quite putting a bunch of stuff on my face and just wash it with soap and water as usual and see if it does any good.
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

I've never heard of using baking soda, but I bet it is because it has a drawing effect. Like blotting. If there is something dry and porous on the skin, any liquid under the skin will be drawn into it. I'm sorry to hear that you have had that kind of problem. It must be especially hard for a girl. I never had a problem with a lot of acne, but when I was a teenager, I had a boil on my chin. That is like a pimple from hell. The whole side of my face swole up.
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

Zotron wrote:I've never heard of using baking soda, but I bet it is because it has a drawing effect. Like blotting. If there is something dry and porous on the skin, any liquid under the skin will be drawn into it. I'm sorry to hear that you have had that kind of problem. It must be especially hard for a girl. I never had a problem with a lot of acne, but when I was a teenager, I had a boil on my chin. That is like a pimple from hell. The whole side of my face swole up.
I am sorry that you went through that. Sad
Baking soda does draw out the dirt and is supposed to help clear up acne. I have heard that it does help some people. I am working on other techniques that might help me in my situation. Thank you for your suggestion though. I actually might consider trying it sometime.

Last edited by Astral on Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧

Beauty Hacks Text4244
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

Wow, I forgot all about this conversation we had about acne. <That sounds like such a teen term, but I had a pre-pimple on my temple last night. Kind of an under-the-skin red swelling. I put a dab of Comet paste on it and this morning there was only dried Comet. I knew you had a Beauty/Skin Hack section, and I was going to post about my overnight cure, then I saw all those posts.
Haha
So, yeah, anyway, yeah, it works.
Thumbs Up
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

Astral loves this post

I have still never tried that but I might one day. My face is kinda healing or almost completely scare and acne free (lets hope I don't jinx it now). I had one appear near my mouth at the beginning of the week so I placed some raw honey on a band-aid and put it on my pimple overnight. After that I was able to get rid of it and it is now slowly going away and I am thankful for it too.

There are tons of things you can do to treat acne, however, it may not work for some people since not everyone has the same skin type. Some is more sensitive than others which is why it is always recommended to do a patch test before you start applying it to your entire face just in case it breaks you out more, causes irritation, causes more oil to form, or causes any discomfort. Cheerleader Woot

✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧

Beauty Hacks Text4244
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

I think the mouth thing was probably what I've heard referred to as an ulcer. It's not really an infection but kind of a bruise or break in the skin. Like maybe you bit your cheek or the inside of your lip. Anyway I'm sorry you had that and I'm glad it went away.
This is pretty much off-topic, (more in the realm of "Precognitive Dreams") but a few months ago I was having dreams where I had a really painful sore inside the center of my bottom lip. Those were the only dreams I ever had where I had real pain in dreams. Anyway I got an ulser inside my lip. I haven't had those dreams anymore.
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

Astral loves this post

I have had dreams similar to that. Not exactly pain but when I was younger, and still losing my baby teeth, I had one that was really loose and about to come out until one night I dreamt I had something round in my mouth. I think it was one of those grey round and small things that you use in fishing. I think it had something to do with fishing but anyways, when I woke up my tooth came out and I was "chewing" on that like I was "chewing" on something in my dream.

But, this is getting a bit off-topc though. I have heard of the many different types of Pimples like Cysts and whatnot. But, I don't think pimples are similar to sores. I think it could have been something to do with Hormones since mine doesnt like me and it prefers to make me break out quite often but I have many remedies that can help me treat it that normally works. Smile

✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧

Beauty Hacks Text4244
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

That was a cute dream. (yeah, off-topic, but who's gonna make us stand in the corner?)
I know it's been over a year, but in a previous post I said that pimples are just infections caused by bacteria getting in skin pores. The hormone thing  is probably about lowering resistance to infection.
I'm glad that you mostly got it under control.
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

I was just re-reading and I saw that you said "near" your mouth. I'm sorry. Maybe a ghost flew by and blurred it. Bat Or I was just reading too fast.
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

Astral loves this post

descriptionBeauty Hacks EmptyRe: Beauty Hacks by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum