The Witch's Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!
★We wish you all the best in upcoming year.

Ways to get Motivated

2 posters

descriptionWays to get Motivated EmptyWays to get Motivated by Astral

Here are some ways to get yourself motivated even when you are feeling depressed.

Set small goals for yourself. If you get an anxious feeling and you feel overwhelmed, then chances are, you may not do the tasks that are on your to-do list. In addition to that, you will feel even more depressed that you didn't do them in the first place. So, as for the small goals, if you have a task to vacume the house, then just do one or two rooms, or even just the carpets. If you have a task to do your homework, then do a couple math problems and write a few sentences on your essay and then take a break and listen to some music or go for a walk, this will also give you time to think of ways to reword sentences on your essay papers or ways to solve a specific problem.

Don't criticize yourself. Doing this will allow yourself to become more depressed. If you feel like you are being lazy, unproductive, or not motivated, don't beat yourself up over it. Doing this will keep your depression and you won't have the motivation to do anything, thus still believing that you are "lazy" when you are just diving into negative thoughts. Have more belief in yourself. Perhaps just go for a walk and then come back and do some work, take a break, and then relax or go on another walk.

There is nothing wrong with asking for a little help. Have a partner to help you with your daily routine. If you have meditation classes, ask a friend to join you. If you need someone to talk to, that is what friends are for! When you have a friend by your side, you will feel the motivation rising as you will want to keep going to these classes and doing your tasks.

Generally, people focus on how hard work a task is and not how they would feel after they have completed it. Instead of focusing on the work pile and the impact that it has on you, consider trying to imagine how you will feel after the task is done. For example, everybody should know that paying bills and cleaning the house is a very big and hard working job. But, instead of looking it like "I have to dust the furniture, vacuum, pay the water bill and the house bill, and clean the bathrooms..." you can think about how good it will feel to get all of that done so you will have time to yourself.
As a tip for you, I would cut the load in half, and there are two ways you can do this regarding some tips I explained above. You can either ask a friend to help you with half, while you do half, or you can do half today and half tomorrow. This way you won't be completely tired and you will still have time to catch your favorite TV show or go for a walk in nature.

Here is another suggestion, try doing the tasks in ways that you will enjoy. For example, listen to music while clean the house, or listen to the radio while raking leaves in the yard or paying the bills. Do yoga poses while you do your homework, and in between problems, do some exercises to keep your blood pumping, or do yoga exercises. Staying in the same position the entire time can get tiring and allow yourself to cramp up. Another idea is to try doing the task a different way, try new things. If you are doing your homework while sitting on your bed, try doing it while on your stomach or in a specific yoga pose like having your legs crisscrossed or while on your knees. Try different ways of doing something so it doesn't get boring each time, leaving you to become less and less motivational in order to complete the task.

"If you keep doing what you’ve always done, you’re always going to get what you’ve always gotten" - Steven Hayes

Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

descriptionWays to get Motivated EmptyRe: Ways to get Motivated by Zotron

Have I ever told you what a good writer you are? Uh, yeah. Like more than a few times. That is a perfect example. You have a way of focusing on a subject and relaying all of your personal information about it.
Those are a lot of good tips for just getting through the chores of life. I liked the part about thinking about how much better you will feel to have finished a task, rather than just thinking of it as something that has to be done.
A+, underlined twice, with a circle around it.
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

descriptionWays to get Motivated EmptyRe: Ways to get Motivated by Astral

I am glad that you enjoyed my tips. Smile Hopefully they will be applied to life more in order to feel less stressed and anxious and more motivated to get the jobs done. Smile
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

descriptionWays to get Motivated EmptyRe: Ways to get Motivated by Zotron

Smile
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

descriptionWays to get Motivated EmptyRe: Ways to get Motivated by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum