The Witch's Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!
★We wish you all the best in upcoming year.

The Stanley Hotel HAUNTED

2 posters

descriptionThe Stanley Hotel HAUNTED EmptyThe Stanley Hotel HAUNTED by Astral

The Stanley Hotel was the inspiration for Stephan King's The Shining. There are approximately 140 rooms in that hotel and each of them has a story to tell. Many pictures has been taken inside and outside and each of them captures paranormal activity such as a body of a ghost. For example, in 2016, a photo was taken by a staircase and an old-fashionably dressed woman appeared at the top of the first set of stairs going upward.

There are several other hauntings that have been sighted in this hotel.

The previous owner of the hotel continues to haunt room 407 and children are known to haunt room 418. However, one specific room is known to be extremely haunted in several different ways: room 217.

In the year 1911, the power went out in the hotel and a maid went into that room to restore the power. While still inside the room, there was a gas leak explosion. Surprisingly, nobody died that night but something did happen that night.

Stephan King himself, along with his wife, spent a night in that room back in 1974. He had a horrific nightmare concerning his son running through the halls and being chased by a wild fire hose. After he woke up, he immediately created The Shining

There is so much more that could be said about this hotel, but, if you would like to continue to read about it, I will add some links if you would like to read more. Smile 

Reference and further readings if you would like to continue reading about this hotel.

https://www.strangerdimensions.com/2016/04/25/stanley-hotel-haunted/

https://www.haunted-places-to-go.com/stanley-hotel.html
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

descriptionThe Stanley Hotel HAUNTED EmptyRe: The Stanley Hotel HAUNTED by Zotron

I wonder why so many hotels are haunted. After you wrote about Bragg Road, I found a site that was just about haunted hotels in Dallas. I checked into a motel once in a town east of Dallas. I kept hearing noises above the ceiling, so I complained to the manager that there were mice in the room and checked out. But now that I think about it...
Smile
That's interesting about The Shining originating from a nightmare.
I think it would be interesting to start a new section where people could share their dreams or nightmares. To me, the "dreamworld" is kind of like the "spirit world". Like bad spirits take advantage of our vulnerability when we are asleep. Like how the Blue Lady causes nightmares in children.
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

descriptionThe Stanley Hotel HAUNTED EmptyRe: The Stanley Hotel HAUNTED by Astral

Many hotels are haunted because a lot of people died there. People end up dying in hotels more often than you would think. Same thing with the obvious that hospitals are haunted because people die there every day (sadly). Asylums are also included because some crazy mental patient can just go on a killing spree and kill dozens of innocent people. It has happened before. I find all of these interesting but sad.

There is a section called "experiences" where I think anything including nightmares or physical experiences can go. However, if we want to create a subjection underneath "Experiences" then that would be a good idea.
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

descriptionThe Stanley Hotel HAUNTED EmptyRe: The Stanley Hotel HAUNTED by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum