The Witch's Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!
★We wish you all the best in upcoming year.

Live for the Moment

descriptionLive for the Moment EmptyLive for the Moment by Zotron

This moment is only here for a moment, so enjoy it. You've only got one shot at it, so take your best shot. Just washing some dishes? Be thankful for dishes to wash, hot water, dish soap, and every thing you see and touch.
After having a sun-baked 1939 Chevrolet for over a year, I decided to start working on the body. I had said I was going to leave it in "rat rod" condition. (It actually had a rat nest under the back seat.) The paint on the top, hood, and trunk was cracked like a dry creekbed and flaking, and there are many areas of broken plastic body filler, so I knew going in that it will take months of work. But when I am working on it, I don't look at how much work there is to do. I focus on what is right in front of my hand. If I am sanding off  paint, whether with a sander or by hand, I watch the line between the sanded and unsanded surface progressing across the panel inch by inch.
That is just one example of breaking a task down into manageable pieces. Have an future end-goal clearly in mind, but enjoy the process in the moment.
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum