The Witch's Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!
★We wish you all the best in upcoming year.

Amethyst

2 posters

descriptionAmethyst  EmptyAmethyst by Zotron

Amethyst is a purple-colored quartz crystal that is used for protection and meditation.
The name comes from a somewhat sad tale in Greek mythology.
Dionysius was the God of wine and debauchery. He fell in love with the beautiful maiden, Amethystos. She wished to remain chaste, and to help her, the goddess Artemis turned her into a white stone. Dionysius, now broken-hearted, poured his wine onto the stone, turning it purple.
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

descriptionAmethyst  EmptyRe: Amethyst by Astral

That is an interesting backstory. It is a very pretty colored stone too. I also know and have read that you can use this stone for getting vivid dreams or visions while you sleep by keeping it somewhere near you, like, under your bed or somewhere that may represent "sleep" or "dreams". And when doing this, you may have to "recharge" it before you do anything with dreams. It has been said to place it under the dark moon in order to energize it again, or, in other words, "recharge" the gem.

There is a bunch of things that this gem is good for. Thank you for sharing. Smile

✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧

Amethyst  Text4244
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

descriptionAmethyst  EmptyRe: Amethyst by Zotron

I'm glad you put this category in. I said it would be interesting and it is. I have always loved seeing all the different pieces that the Earth is made of. Who knows how we dream? Maybe the crystal works like a dream antenna. One site has a list of about sixty stones and their properties and uses.So we have plenty of material to work with.
So what did you think about the story? That poor guy. He loved her and she turned into a stone. I think there is a lot of meaning in that story. Dionysius was the god of drunken free-living. But without love in his life, he poured out his cup on the only thing left of her.
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

I enjoyed the story. It is very sad though. I am sorry that he lost his one true love. I just did some research on Dionysius and the Amethist. I read that it was dyed purple by the tears of Dionysius and then the stone was used to represent a goat for a certain zodiac sign and it represents vines, which will later on connect to wine in some way.

✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧

Amethyst  Text4244
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

I also read the story about his tears turning it purple. That is even more meaningful and sad.
I didn't know about it being used to represent a goat.
The connection to vines is that Dionysius was the God of wine. Wine is made from grapes, and grapes grow on vines.
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

Yes, that makes sense. I am not sure if there is a relation to this or something but the Amethyst is a purple crystal (obviously) but wine, and grapes, also have a purple color to it. I guess there is a relation to the god of wine whose tears possibly made the crystal turn purple.

✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧

Amethyst  Text4244
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

Wow. I hadn't thought of it like that. That's deep. The God of wine. Pouring out his wine. Drunk, alone, hopelessly broken-hearted.
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

descriptionAmethyst  EmptyRe: Amethyst by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum