The Witch's Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!
★We wish you all the best in upcoming year.

"Tuning" Your Life With Music

description"Tuning" Your Life With Music Empty"Tuning" Your Life With Music by Zotron

"Tuning" a string instrument involves adjusting the tension of the strings so that they each vibrate at the specific frequency (cycles per second) required to produce the individual notes.
I have never studied music, but I know that it is based on mathematics and time. Certain notes "fit together" (harmonize) because of their mathematical relationship. I have also never studied composers, but I know that the early musical geniuses (Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Brahms, etc.) lived in the 17th and 18th centuries, and their music is still appreciated all over the world.
Incidentally, if you want to hear a modern (electric guitar) version of Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven , hear Tina S. She is a 17 year old girl who is considered by many to be the best guitarist in the world. [Note to Astral : I know you are light-speed on a keyboard. You gotta see/hear her.]
Back to the benifits of "good" music. The early composers were discovering the complexities of musical arrangements. That is, they were learning how different instruments, melodies, timing, etc. blended together to produce certain "moods".
They knew how to express (and share) emotions through music. They could (can) make an audience go from one emotion to another (for instance, from hope to despair) with a change of lead instruments and tempo. It might seem that a sad person listening to sad music would be an exercise in depression. But at least it gives the listener the feeling of "I know how you feel." Indeed, the composer was saying (without words)
"I've been there. It feels like this, right?"
But classical music covers the whole range of emotions.
I haven't done any painting (landscapes) lately, but I used to turn on the local classical music station while I painted. Then, instead of concentrating on the painting, I concentrated on the music. It had the effect of painting peace into the paintings. And the result was that the paintings were best viewed with that music.
So, in a time of what seems to be uncertainty and chaos to many, I recommend turning on some classical intrumental music.
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum