The Witch's Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!
★We wish you all the best in upcoming year.

A Nightmare in the Woods

2 posters

descriptionA Nightmare in the Woods EmptyA Nightmare in the Woods by Astral

Here is a short story that I just created. I did use first person, but no, this didn't actually happen to me or anybody that I know. This is just for fun. Enjoy;)

I was walking through the forest, quietly and sneaking past every branch and leaf, trying not to make a sound. I was looking around through each tree, making sure that nobody was around. I was in a dark and creepy forest. The fog began to scatter the ground as I walked further through the trees, still tip-toeing around all the branches and twigs. I heard laughter behind me as I turned to the left, then right, and then behind me. I didn't see anybody. Not a shadow or figure in sight. I continued to walk and also continued to hear voices and laughter. I did read that this forest used to be a place for rituals and sacrifices and was known to be haunted because of the murders that happened here. But, at first, I thought all of that was a hoax until I began to hear screams coming from behind me. And then came some footsteps as they get louder and louder. As my heart began to pump harder and harder due to fear that was held inside me. I began to walk faster through the forest. After a while of more fear building up, I started to run. I felt a presence behind me as I knew they were getting closer and closer while my heart was beating faster and faster with every footstep that I take.

I tripped over a branch and fell to the ground. I looked back and nobody was behind me, nobody was around me. I put my hands on the ground to help myself up and then I started to run again. And, once again, hearing screams, voices, and laughter, even the footsteps as they begin to get closer and closer to me. I try to find my way out of the woods but I cannot see any patches of light or a road. I felt trapped there. Suddenly, I just froze in fear, felt like I couldn't move or scream. I felt like somebody was putting their hand on my shoulder as I felt like I could no longer breathe like I am already dead. All of a sudden I hear a beep, beep, beep. My alarm clock went off and I look out the window, it was just a dream, more like a neverending nightmare.

Last edited by Astral on Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

descriptionA Nightmare in the Woods EmptyRe: A Nightmare in the Woods by Zotron

Smile That is great writing/reading. Very transfixing. Toward the end (with only a few lines left) I was hoping it wasn't going to end with you still in the forest. I liked the part about sneaking around every tree.
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

descriptionA Nightmare in the Woods EmptyRe: A Nightmare in the Woods by Astral

I am glad that you liked it. I was in a writing mood and figured that I would write a short story. Maybe I will write some more sometime once I think of a plot. I have a few in my head that I might start out with and see where they go.
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

I hope you do write more. I've always told you that you are a good writer. Maybe you can start a story here and just add to it when you feel like it. I hope you write more short stories too.
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

descriptionA Nightmare in the Woods EmptyRe: A Nightmare in the Woods by Astral

I have done that before, not on here but on other sites. I may consider doing that if I decide to take up writing again. Thanks for the encouragment. Smile
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

You're welcome 🔥💛
Z
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

descriptionA Nightmare in the Woods EmptyRe: A Nightmare in the Woods by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum