The Witch's Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!
★We wish you all the best in upcoming year.

Flash Discontinuing - In 2020

2 posters

descriptionFlash Discontinuing - In 2020 EmptyFlash Discontinuing - In 2020 by Astral

Hello. As of Tuesday, Adobe flash will stop updating and distributing the flash player all over the internet. This will impact mostly games and picture editing software if they require flash player in order to use it. With this at hand, the internet will become more secure, safer, and will run more smoothly. If you are not familiar with what Adobe Flash or what flash player is, it is basically what makes the games run and play, and it is what makes more photo editing sites function if they are required for that site. Most flash players also allow some movie players to run and function so you can watch your favorite clips on them. But I am not sure if this will impact the streaming services since they may have a different player that they use besides flash.

I have done my own research about the games since I am a huge gamer. I love to play mobile and PC games and I oftentimes use several photo editing softwares. A couple articles that I found said that most games may become unplayable and other people have said that some games will be worked on and will stay playable with the new code that will be inserted.

Here are some sources if you'd like to read more upon this interesting and shocking discovery.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Flash-Player/What-will-replace-Flash-Player/td-p/10180053

https://www.quora.com/Could-all-the-Flash-online-games-become-HTML5-online-games-if-Adobe-Flash-ended-in-2020

https://www.wired.com/story/adobe-finally-kills-flash-dead/
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

descriptionFlash Discontinuing - In 2020 EmptyRe: Flash Discontinuing - In 2020 by Zotron

I'm really sorry to hear that. It's almost unbelievable. You know that I know zero minus about the technical side of the internet, but I'm pretty sure (at least I hope for your sake and others) that there won't be a major long-term interruption.
In other words, don't worry Sweetheart, they'll fix it.
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

descriptionFlash Discontinuing - In 2020 EmptyRe: Flash Discontinuing - In 2020 by Astral

I read in an article somewhere that they get a few years notice prior to events like this in order to work on solutions to certain issues that this event may cause. They might be, and I am hoping that they will, find a way to allow the games to stay playable. Many kids, even sadly, play games to learn. They won't be able to do that if the flash player gets disabled from the entire internet. So, I am hoping that they find a solution to that as well before 2020 rolls in
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

descriptionFlash Discontinuing - In 2020 EmptyRe: Flash Discontinuing - In 2020 by Zotron

I think you mean "...before '2021' rolls in.", so don't panic yet.
Smile
I just read that it will be disabled at the end of 2020.
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

descriptionFlash Discontinuing - In 2020 EmptyRe: Flash Discontinuing - In 2020 by Astral

Yeah, in December 2020. In 2021 it won't be active anymore. So most games will not be active anymore unless they come up with a way to keep them running.
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

So I guess you have all next year to figure out a way to rewire it. Smile
Really...
"Don't worry Sweetheart, they'll fix it."
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

descriptionFlash Discontinuing - In 2020 EmptyRe: Flash Discontinuing - In 2020 by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum