The Witch's Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!
★We wish you all the best in upcoming year.

The Haunted House

2 posters

descriptionThe Haunted House EmptyThe Haunted House by Astral

*NOTE: This is an original story written in first person, however, it does not partake in any of true life events. Enjoy!

It was a dark, mysterious, and gloomy night with the wind barely blowing. My friends and I were traveling down a long and dark road one night, listening to the howling of wolves and the wooing of owls. We came upon a creepy house up ahead. We heard several stories about this participial house. There were rumors, and then there were facts. The facts state that an couple was murdered in that house. Both shot several times but in different places. The wife was in the bathroom putting make-up on, getting ready to go out with her husband when she heard gun shots downstairs. She gasped and ran towards the stairs where his body laid in the living room. She ran and hid but it wasn't good enough. They shot her where she stood, in the bathroom. The rumor states that they both haunt the house today and nobody is brave enough to explore the house and stay inside from sundown to sunrise. However, I wasn't afraid of anything. I never have been my entire life.

We all gathered in front of the house, staring at it. The house appeared to be falling apart. The windows were cracked and the door is barely hanging on. There are roots and trees growing up side the building. I can already feel what the inside of it looks like. They were arguing who would survive a night in that house and who was too scared or "chicken" to do this. I stepped up to them and said "I will do it. I'm not afraid". They all thought I was joking. So, to prove them wrong, I walked past them, opened the creepy and creaky sounding door, walked inside, and then shut the door behind me. Again, not feeling scared, I began to explore the house. There was a cold feeling inside, which is normal while knowing this was a murder scene. I walked through the living room, the kitchen, and all the other rooms downstairs. Looking at all the old picture frames, the old TV set, furniture, everything. Most of it had cob webs just sitting there. I could hear crying coming from upstairs. I walked up there to see if somebody else was in the house.

"Hello. Hello?" I called out to them. But no response. I tried talking to them but all I hear is crying. And then another voice that says "get out!" I wanted to do as they commanded but then the others would think I was "too scared" to finish my night here and they wouldn't believe me if I told them that a voice told me to leave. I tried calling out some more but again, no response. All I hear is the crying and other random voices. I followed the crying and it lead me to the bathroom. There was some dried blood on the rug and some on the wooden floor which seems to have been there for years. And of course, there was some eye shadow and mascara on the sink. I felt sorry for the women. I started to hear another voice, a man. It seems like he was calling out to the woman. Could it be the husband? I felt a gush of wind go past me as it began to get 20 degrees colder in this spot. I walked out of the bathroom, then the door shut. The crying continued on for another 20 minutes. It was heartbreaking. I heard footsteps going up the stairs. They eventually went right past me. Things started to get more intense as it was becoming dark outside and I had a feeling that my night had just begun. The footsteps faded but then, some more doors opened and closed and stuff fell off the shelves, and I kept hearing voices telling me to get out or to run, or "I am going to kill you". I started to get goosebumps up and down my arms as I shivered because of the cold. I wanted to tell myself that I wasn't afraid but this was just too much.

I saw a shadow figure in the distance. It was the wife. She had on a long, flowing red dress that stopped just half way below her knees. She had some make-up on, but not a whole lot. Maybe just purple or blue eye shadow, mascara, and a bit of blush. She had red 2 inch heels on to match her dress. Her long blonde and flowing hair was let down. She turned and looked at me, and then walked towards me. She asked me where her husband was. And then it transitioned to her asking "why is he dead? What did that man want? Why take our life away when there was nothing to gain?"

I felt fear piling up on me. The whole house started to creak with footsteps and as the wind from outside was picking up. I ran back downstairs and stayed in the living room trying to overlook the small piles of blood stains on the decorative rug. I layed down for a while, trying to bypass time.

As time flew by, it was a couple minutes until sunrise. I got up, looked around a little bit longer. It had seemed that everything finally cooled down. I was only a little bit afraid but I wasn't going to back down. It was a fun experience. As the sun has risen, I opened the door, walked outside all calm, closed the door behind me and I had noticed that my friends were walking up to the house. They were surprised that I succeeded and that I wasn't running out screaming in terror.

"I told you I wasn't scared." I told them. They asked me what had happened while I was inside. I told them everything that happened such as the crying, footsteps, and other mystery noises. They seemed to believe me and they congratulated me.

After another long day has passed, and as night was setting in, I went to bed early since I felt like I didn't get much sleep at the haunted house. A few hours later, it finally struck midnight and the woman was screaming in my dream, asking me to help her. I woke up, startled, breathing heavily as I saw her stand at the foot of my bed, staring at me.
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

descriptionThe Haunted House EmptyRe: The Haunted House by Zotron

Wow Phoenix. How did I miss this? I haven't read it yet but I know it will be good.
I almost spoiled the ending. I saw "struck midnight".
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

descriptionThe Haunted House EmptyRe: The Haunted House by Astral

I hope you enjoy it. It may not be as good as the other ones I have written, if anything, I will rewrite it.
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

It was really good. Maybe one of your best.
👍👍👍👍👍
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

descriptionThe Haunted House EmptyRe: The Haunted House by Astral

Thank you. Smile I will try to write more when I can think of plot ideas.
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

How about a haunted computer? Sometimes I think my phone has gremlins living in it. Smile
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

descriptionThe Haunted House EmptyRe: The Haunted House by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum