The Witch's Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!
★We wish you all the best in upcoming year.

The Ghostly Bridge

2 posters

descriptionThe Ghostly Bridge EmptyThe Ghostly Bridge by Astral

DISCLAIMER: The name of the bridge in this story is real, along with the tragic event that occurred on that bridge. It is located in Kentucky. However, even thought I wrote in first person, this event did not take place in my life. Writing in first person makes me feel more connected with my stories as you will find many of my stories written in first person. Enjoy!

I began walking down the road, past my house. It was a long and somewhat curvy road. The night has just set as I could already identify some constellations in the sky with the full moon shining bright, lighting up the whole sky. I came upon an small intersection. At the last minute, I chose to go right. Some fog started to pick up and scatter through the road. I have never seen it this heavy before. Fear started to build up inside of me. It was like I could feel somebody watching me but even when I look behind me, and all of my surroundings, I cannot find anyone near. But then of course, they could be hidden in the heavy fog, which began to frighten me even more.

I look ahead and found a street sign, the name of the street I was walking through and then I found a bridge up ahead. I recognized the look of it. It was called the Colville Covered Bridge. I remembered reading upon the tragedy that occurred on that bridge. Two teenagers were on their way from home one night, from prom. Their car lost control and plunged into the creek. Many have reported to seeing their ghosts around the bridge. As I walked over it, I began to get chills up my arms and I started hearing voices and giggles. I thought I saw some ghostly lights at the corner of my eyes but when I turned I didn't see anything. I convinced myself that I was either tired or that I was losing my mind. I got half way over the bridge and decided to look over the bridge into the creek. I began to get a strong fear inside me as fog started to get heavier around me. My heart started racing and it was getting hard to breathe, like a weight was being pressed on my chest.

I backed away slowly from the edge of the bridge and then creek. I was going to finish my walk over the bridge and continue to the other side but the fear I had was too much. I was shaking, heart still pounding, and I felt like I couldn't move. I turned around and jogged the other way, back up the road and back through the heavy, thick fog. My heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest and I felt like I was running out of breath. After I got back to the intersection, I decided to run straight home. I felt like someone might be running after me but I didn't want to turn around and look, I just wanted to get home.
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

descriptionThe Ghostly Bridge EmptyRe: The Ghostly Bridge by Zotron

Oh...my...God. 'Heart, that is your best story ever. (And your others are all very good.) It is eye-blurringly sad about the teenagers, it is riveting reading about your walk through the fog, and it is chilling reading about you hearing voices. Your writing has a very visceral effect on me. My heart pounds when yours does. I hold my breath when you can't breathe. (Just took much-needed deep breath)
There is one more thing you should have added to your list of things to be...Story Writer.
I've always told you that you have a way with words, and I know that you know it. You really (really) should put all your stories in a book.
If you were still in school, and I was grading, I would give you an A++, underlined twice, with a circle around it. In red ink. Smile

Last edited by Zotron on Thu May 07, 2020 12:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

descriptionThe Ghostly Bridge EmptyRe: The Ghostly Bridge by Astral

Thank you so much! I am going to try to write more. This gives me practice with my writing and hopefully it will help me improve. I try to make it as detailed as possible and give it an intense feel to it so you can feel it as it is happening. I am glad you enjoyed it. I will try to write more stories soon. Smile
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

descriptionThe Ghostly Bridge EmptyRe: The Ghostly Bridge by Zotron

And I love it when my words have the intended effect on you.
> Smile
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

descriptionThe Ghostly Bridge EmptyRe: The Ghostly Bridge by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum