The Witch's Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!
★We wish you all the best in upcoming year.

The Uninvited

descriptionThe Uninvited EmptyThe Uninvited by Astral

Disclaimer: The events in the story is not relating to my life or anyone else's. Yes, this might be in first person, but like my previous stories, it doesn't not relate to me. As a reminder, I write in first person a lot so I can feel more connected to the characters as I write my stories. I hope you enjoy. Smile

The night was gloomy as it was just 10:00 at night. There was a slight breeze against the windows, but nothing too harsh. I was inside reading a book on the couch in the living room with the lights dimmed on low. I just now noticed that the lights were flickering, but just a little. Not enough to make them blow out. I heard a car door outside. I knew that my parents were out to a nice dinner with friends but they left about an hour ago, they shouldn't be back this early. I heard a man talking. I firmly grasped the book in my hand, while my heart began to race as I looked at my door and saw a shadow figure, but I couldn't make out any details. I closed my book, threw it on the couch, then I quietly and quickly ran upstairs to my bedroom. At that moment, when I reached the top of the stairs, I heard the door open. I don't remember if it was even locked or unlocked.

As I ran into my room, I heard footsteps coming up the stairs as the floor creaked a little. I closed my bedroom door. I needed to hide but didn't know where. I thought quick on my feet and hid in my closet. As I closed the door, minutes later, my bedroom door opened. I could hear it and the man walking inside. I could see his figure in my bedroom through a small gap between the door and the wall. He was looking around. Was he looking for me? Was he looking for something else? I didn't know and I was afraid to find out. My heart was pounding like a drum. I was breathing very heavily, I was hoping he couldn't hear it. My hands were shaking and I didn't know what to do. I started thinking of any possibility of survival. Thinking of every possible way he could attack me if and when he opens the closet door. How I could block each move and what I could do to escape. I began to look around for object I could use for defense. If he pulled a knife out on me, how would i defend myself? Books and boxes aren't going to do me any good. What if he tries to grab me? I could try pulling out some moves from my karate and defense classes that I took earlier this year. But, that may end up with me in a deeper hole than the one I am in now.

I found a broom. It's better than books, and I can defend myself in so many ways with it. I relocated the man in my room, it seemed like he didn't find what he was looking for, so he began to slowly walk out of my room. I started to give myself a sigh of relief but my anxiety built back up after he walked over to my closet door. I grasped the broom firmly, trying to think of ways to attack him with the broom so I can make my escape.

He put his hand on the door knob and slowly started turning it. I starting thinking if there was a place to hide in here instead. Maybe hide on a bookshelf or in the back corner like they do in the movies. But there was no space for me to hide where I wouldn't get noticed. I mean, I could pretend that I was a mannequin statue, but that wouldn't last long either. All I know is that my life is about to end here, but I wasn't going to go down without fighting first.

The door quickly flung open as the man looked at me straight in the eyes. He tried to grab my arm and pull me out, I took my broom and attempted to hit his head. He blocked it and grabbed the broom and while he was doing that, I ran but he pulled his leg out so he could trip me and stop me from running. He grabbed my ankle and started pulling me towards him. I kicked up and got up as I began to run towards the stairs. He ran after me, grabbed my arm, pulled me back, then put his hand over my mouth to muffle my screams. I tried to fight him by kicking him so I could break free and he was stronger than me. I couldn't do it.

Eventually he took his hand off my arm, pulled out a pocket knife and opened it. I tried to scream and beg him to let me go. I was on the edge of crying at this point. I saw him put his knife against my neck as I knew this would be my final breath as I let out a little scream.

It was 3 AM as I was screaming and my parents came in to make sure that I was okay. I told them that it was just a bad dream as I was breathing in and out very fast to calm my nerves. As my parents said goodnight, and closed my door, I looked over at my closet as it was half way open with the broom halfway out of the closet. I looked at my window and saw a shadow figure staring at me as it slowly turned and walked away as my jaw dropped.

Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

Zotron loves this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum