The Witch's Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!
★We wish you all the best in upcoming year.

Recognizing Spirits

descriptionRecognizing Spirits EmptyRecognizing Spirits by Zotron

So, what is spirituality? It is defined as being concerned with the human soul or spirit as opposed to material things.
To me, it includes being aware of "spirits". Yes, my dears, we live in a material world, and yes, there are many "evil spirits" that seem to drift about seeking a host in which to reside. The spirits alone have no power until they take someone unaware to give them voice and do their bidding. For example, a seemingly innocent spirit of impatience can overcome someone in rush hour traffic. It is soon joined by spirits of judgment and anger ("Why can't these idiots just Drive!?") which could make someone take chances and make bad driving mistakes, possibly causing destruction, injury, and even death. So recognizing spirits as soon as they try to "take over" is vital. And replacing them (or rather placing other spirits in their place) is the wise move. Replacing the spirit of impatience with  spirits of patience and compassion will make one realize that he is as much a part of the traffic as the car in front of him. Realizing that the car in front of the car in front may be a little old lady just trying to go to the grocery store could make a person drive so that everyone gets home safely, rather than possibly causing an accident and tying up traffic for hours for hundreds or thousands of people.
Another destructive spirit is greed. An employer who harbors greed will let his desire for riches overcome his compassion for his employees. Instead of wanting them to succeed, he is only focused on his own life, so he goes boating while the people who made him rich can only afford gas to go to work. (Yes, I know that sounds judgmental, but I am talking about what spirits do to people, not the people themselves)
It seems that there are two kinds of spirits of pride. One is just being proud of accomplishments. Everyone has a right to that. But the other spirit of pride (or "vanity") tells someone that they are somehow "better" than the next man. That they are somehow "chosen" by the universe to be richer, stronger, smarter, better looking, whatever. I think Max Ehrmann in his poem Desiderata said it best.
"If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for there will always be greater or lesser persons than yourself." Spirits of pride and vanity only serve to make some feel greater and others feel lesser.
There are so many other spirits that we should watch for and do our best to avoid. Or at least recognize them and subdue them with stronger, more productive spirits.
Depression is a spirit that can literally "press one down". It can be overcome by sudden, swift movement. Someone can lie motionless and focus on the feeling of being "down pressed", or say to himself "5, 4, 3, 2, Go!" and spring up and do something. Anything. Just doing something, anything, can ward off depression.
So, be aware of spirits. Name them. Reject them if they are not good for you. Be aware of spirits that exhibit themselves to you through other people. If possible, try to make the other person aware of the spirit. Or if you think they are aware and are purposely trying to let a harmful spirit affect you, avoid that person.

Seek the spirit of love, and if you find it, hold on to it like a gold rose. It is rare and beautiful.
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

Astral and CelticRose loves this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum