The Witch's Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!
★We wish you all the best in upcoming year.

Lake Lavon

2 posters

descriptionLake Lavon  EmptyLake Lavon by Zotron

This is my idea of traveling and "re-creation". I had told myself the summer before that I would make it to a lake this past summer to go swimming because I hadn't been in a lake for several years, though that is the most relaxing place to be.
This lake is in Lavon Texas, about an hour northeast of where I live in Dallas. I had been to the lake, but not this spot. When I was on the highway, I knew that the lake was to my left but I couldn't see it. I don't do GPS "turn here, blah blah" and reading a map on my phone can be frustrating, so I turned left. After driving some curvy roads past fields and trees and a few houses, I ended up at a dead end with this view. There was a low, steel-pipe fence with a walk-through opening. A grown-over trail wound through tall grass and bushes down to the shore. Lake Lavon  Scree120
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

Astral loves this post

descriptionLake Lavon  EmptyRe: Lake Lavon by Astral

That is a very pretty view. It would be beautiful painted if you had the time to do it. It would be peaceful and nice to sit by it, maybe with a good book, and relax for a few hours until sundown. I hope you had fun!

✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧

Lake Lavon  Text4244
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

Zotron loves this post

descriptionLake Lavon  EmptyRe: Lake Lavon by Zotron

It was really nice after the drive in the evening traffic to just turn off the car and sit there. I didn't stay in the water very long because it was getting dark and I had to see my way back to the car.
Thank you for the idea about painting that picture. I don't know why I hadn't thought of that. Maybe when it gets too cold to do anything outside <(read "work on my car" haha) I will paint it. That is my main thing; blended sky, far shore, near shore. If I do it I'll probably make the lake more calm. Or get in a lot more practice at painting waves. 😎
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

Astral loves this post

descriptionLake Lavon  EmptyRe: Lake Lavon by Astral

If I was that skilled I would be able to paint it but I am not a great painter yet. Either way, good luck! It is a good pass time and painting can be very relaxing. Very Happy

✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧

Lake Lavon  Text4244
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

Zotron loves this post

descriptionLake Lavon  EmptyRe: Lake Lavon by Zotron

Omg. How many times have I told you that you Are a great artist? (haha. Not scolding) I'm just a picture painter, but you are an artist.
(any readers, see my gallery-Detail of "Yellow Flowers" by Astral.
I'll add a quote about" skill"when I remember it.
But anyway, thank you for thinking I can paint. I know where my talent is on a scale of Pink Panther to Rembrandt. Laughing

I found the quote-
"Expression has nothing to do with knowledge and skill. Awkwardness means greatness and lack of skill means talent, and these things are the signs of genuine creativity."
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

Astral loves this post

descriptionLake Lavon  EmptyRe: Lake Lavon by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum