The Witch's Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!
★We wish you all the best in upcoming year.

A Real Mystery

2 posters

descriptionA Real Mystery EmptyA Real Mystery by Zotron

This is just too real and too mysterious to not write about. It is 100% true.
Both of my parents died two years ago and I inherited this house, which I have been living in for a year and a half. It is a two-bedroom house. In their later years they chose to sleep in separate bedrooms, and my mother's room is at the front of the house. It is as she left it, except that when I moved in I used it to store my things until I could get more organized. There are still boxes and bags on the bed and stacks of boxes. I have been in that room many times just looking around, looking for my own things, etc. At this moment I don't remember why I went in there last night, but on the floor, right in the path to the closet, (which I have looked in several times) there was something that I had never seen before. It is a board that is covered on one side with green vinyl.(appears brown in photo) On the bottom, toward the ends, there are two "rails" that are made from 1"x1 1/2" strips of wood that go from side to side. My parents were in their 80's and 90's, and my dad had made a similar "bench" that was on the bathtub, as it was too difficult for them to get in and out of the tub. The rails kept the board from moving from side to side. So... I know my dad made the other board.
The thing is... I have never seen it. It is right there in the floor. Right where you have to step to get to the closet. If I had seen it before, I would have picked it up, looked at it, admired my dad's ingenuity and craftsmanship, and thought "Hmmm, I wonder what this is?" And , I  would  
remember  it.
Like I wrote, I had to write about it. It's like a "thought loop" that just keeps repeating and leads nowhere. No answer. No explanation.
I mean, it's right there. You can't miss seeing it or stepping on it. What is it? How did it get there? If it has been there since I moved in, how could I not see it in at least twenty trips into that room?
No answer. No explanation.
In the picture, you can see the corner of a dresser and the partially-open closet door. The board is right where I found it. A Real Mystery Dsc_0018

Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

descriptionA Real Mystery EmptyRe: A Real Mystery by Astral

That does seem strange. I think I may have had times like that where I go into a room several times and then one trip into the same room and find something I have never seen before and am unsure how I missed it after going in and out many times. I mean, you could have overlooked it, or you moved something that made it fall there or get moved to the front of the door like that. Those are my only two reasonable explanations but other than that, I wouldn't know what happened. Very interesting. Something to ponder for the rest of the day. Laughing

✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧

A Real Mystery Text4244
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

Zotron loves this post

descriptionA Real Mystery EmptyRe: A Real Mystery by Zotron

Haha. I'm afraid I'll ponder it for the rest of my life. There's just no answer. No, it wasn't anywhere else and fell there, because I would have seen it. I know it wasn't on the dresser.
Let's just say it dematerialized somewhere else and materialized there. I thought about having the
F. B. I. investigate it, but they only investigate crimes. Besides, I didn't want to see an agent roll his eyes. Facepalm
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

Haha.  I would be pondering it for quite a while. The only other thing I could think of is you putting it somewhere near that location and then forgetting it. I have done that quite often as well. Maybe it is a part of the dresser or a part of a piece of furniture near the door that fell off when you were in some other part of your house? I am just naming theories and possibilities and trying to make it seem less strange. Laughing

✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧

A Real Mystery Text4244
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

Haha. Thanks for trying, but it can't be less strange. I know it is something that my dad made because it is just like the board that was on the bathtub except for the cover. And it is shorter. I thought it might be the result of a mismeasurement, like he cut it 10" too short, but he was smarter than that. He wouldn't get it finished and then realize "Whoa! This isn't even close." Also, I know I would remember it if I had seen it. The strange thing about it is that it didn't give me chills or anything when I saw it. And today it looks like that closet door is open a little more than in that picture.
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

Wow, that is strange. It couldn't have fell from something in your closet? If not, then I am out of ideas. Call the ghostbusters on that one. Haha.

✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧

A Real Mystery Text4244
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

Zotron loves this post

Hahahaha. If there is a ghost, I don't want to know about it. As long as it stays in that room, I'm OK with it.

Update- I had messaged my sister about my post. She partially solved the mystery by "re-minding" me that my dad had made a shelf that fit the frame of my mom's walker. The walker was in that bedroom, and I threw it away a year ago. I remember a shelf, but I didn't remember what it looked like and I don't remember keeping just the shelf. I guess I kept it because he made it. So... Part of it is about how memories are stored, forgotten, re-accessed by "connection", etc. Still, I don't know where the shelf has been or how it got there in the floor.
And to keep it on the "supernatural" side-
She also reminded me that yesterday (Wednesday) was the anniversary of his death.
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

descriptionA Real Mystery EmptyRe: A Real Mystery by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum